Gurus across the blogosphere endorse the fact that it is difficult to rank for a high demand keyword but easier to rank for a long tail keyword containing two or more phrases with a search history of 800 to 1000 per month. Ubersuggest keyword tool is a free tool which specialises in generating a comprehensive list of long tail keywords while following Google auto-generated keyword lists. The tool sources its pool of information from search engines like Google, Bing or search verticals like shopping, videos, news etc. Take a look below.
UBERSUGGEST KEYWORD TOOL:FEATURES
Of late, Ubersuggest Keyword tool has come out with a new version of their tool that is https://ubersuggest.io which previously used to be ubersuggest.org. The difference between the old and the new version is that the latest version provides information on searches per month and cost per click details. The keyword tool site provides more such keywords which Google Keyword Planner cannot. Thus this is correctly recognized that Ubersuggest is a goldmine of longtail keywords. Also Ubsersugggest has added another feature to its service. The trend of each and every longtail keyword from this tool can be seen from Google Trends. This feature was not included before in the older version.
REVIEWing OF latest version of ubersuggest tool
The keyword ideas that one gets from this free tool are worth the effort and time you spend. You not only get various keyword ideas but also these keyword variations give many content ideas that you cannot have even thought about without this tool. And that too in a matter of few seconds. You can easily have access to the tool over the web simply by typing the term Ubersuggest in your web browser. However, it is only a click away if you add Ubersuggest Google Chrome Extension to your browser.
HOW DOES UBERSUGGEST WORK
The tool is very simple to operate and even if you are a stranger to blogging or SEO, it matters little as you can easily use it. Take for example the key phrase benefits of blogging. When I used this key phrase in the suggest box shown in the first snapshot above, what it threw up was simply astounding. Look how many long tail keyword ideas and also content ideas you get from this Ubersuggest Keyword Tool. Ninety-one in all. All these will keep you occupied for months. So, go ahead and simply grab them.
If you want to explore a bit further, click on any of the above keywords. A drop down list containing three options will follow as shown below by arrows. The first option will take you to search results of Google for the selected keyword. The second option will take you to search trend for that particular longtail keyword during last 12 months.
On clicking the third option, the free keyword tool will produce all the relevant longtail keyword options available along with the main keyword, say in this case “benefits of blogging in education”. Have a look below:-
All the keywords furnished by the Ubersuggest Keyword Tool can also be viewed as text as shown below on clicking the box reflecting “View as text”.
These also can be downloaded in Excel Sheet by clicking on the “Download all” button.
UBERSUGGEST WORKS GREAT WITH OTHER TOOLS
You can further explore the potential of each & every keyword with Traffic Travis or any other tool of your choice and build content around each such keywords. Writing blog posts with good longtail keywords is the right step towards on-page optimisation and Ubersuggest is an inevitable tool in this regards.
BEFORE I MOVE TO OTHER ALTERNATIVES, IT IS PERTINENT TO MENTION THAT THIS KEYWORD TOOL HAS BEEN ACQUIRED BY NEIL PATEL. SO YOU CAN EXPECT SOME CHANGES IN THE TOOL. HOWEVER, THIS IS GREAT NEWS AS WE ARE EAGERLY WAITING TO SEE HOW THE TOOL FUNCTIONS.
FREE ALTERNATIVES TO UBERSUGGEST
Till date, I have not found any suitable alternative to Ubersuggest Keyword Tool. However, I somehow came across a few tools but what I found was that when they were ahead of Ubersuggest Tool in some aspect, they were lagging behind the tool in others.
After searching the internet meticulously, I am listing a few of them with their advantages and drawbacks.
1. SOOVLE.COM A personal favourite of Brian Dean of Backlinko fame, this tool categorises its keywords results as per the search engines from which they have been sourced. A snapshot to show you the same.
The keyword result for the main keyphrase “benefits of blogging” has been grouped under the search engines from where they originated. This is helpful to find if the focus keyword you have chosen, is going to rank your post in the SERP of that search engine.
2. Answerthepublic.com:- Next in the list, is obviously the most exceptional of all. This tool is eye-catching for its style of asking seed keywords and presentation. Take a look below
free Ubersuggest keyword tool alternative from answer the public
Surprised? Even I was taken aback by its uncommon approach. However, other details like search history and CPC are not provided by this site.
3. keywordshitter.com:- Not in huge demand with the online community, this tool gives same amount of output as the Ubersuggest Keyword tool or any other options available out there in the blogosphere. No features like monthly search figures, CPC, prevailing trend during the last 12 months. You may use it if you are OK only with bulk longtail keywords.
4. SEARCHTOOLBOX.NET:- Probably, owned by Mike Curtis, the tool site boasts that like its peers like Ubersuggest, Soovle it also imitates the auto findings of search engines Bing, Google, Yahoo, Youtube and verticals like Ebay, Amazon. I will request you to strictly avoid this tool as it shows not more than 52 keywords for seed keywords benefits of blogging.
5. KEYWORDTOOL.IO:- A product of the search engine Bing. Nothing different from the established players in this space. Features like search history, CPC, Adword Competition are available for paid versions only.
6. THESEOTOOLS:- For the sake of brevity , I add the phrase “Same as above”. The site is absolutely free. The only thing I like about this tool is that it is a reminiscent of the old Ubersuggest Keyword Tool. Why? The snapshot below will reveal.
7. CONTENTFOREST.COM:- Bulk keywords are available for free from this site. However, other details like search history, CPC etc are for those who have turned pro. Does not make any sense to go for it when these features come free with Ubersuggest Keyword tool and others.
9. KWALERT.NET:- My initial opinion about the tool won me the wrath of its owner(I believe) when I wrote that it only emulates Ubersuggest in respect of churning out bulk keywords and does nothing more than that. However, after reading his comments, I realised that the free keyword tool has a unique feature which many in the business are not providing. When you provide your email in the space given, the tool automatically keeps on updating the latest additions of new trending keywords to your list from time to time.
10. KEYWORDTOOLDOMINATOR.COM Initially, I did not notice this tool. However, while reading one of my mentor’s post at www.shoutmeloud.com/long-tail-keywords-seo-free-software-tools.html, I came across this tool. This is a cool tool for anyone and allows three free searches a day. Details like monthly search volume, CPC, Search Trends etc are not provided. I am not sure if the same is available with the paid version of the tool. Information in this regards has been sought from the guys managing the tool. Reply still awaited.
11. GOOGLE The top most search engine in the world also works like a tool by providing of auto-generated keywords once you type a keyword or keyphrase in the browser. Those auto-generated keywords work great when combined with other tools which you are very convenient with.
If you can shed some light on more free Ubersuggest alternatives, then please go ahead and enlighten me and my readers as well. I would love to learn about them. By the way, Ubersuggest Keyword Tool is extremely beneficial for a new blogger and/or a business entrepreneur for finding profitable long tail keywords.